Most insurance brokers and agencies want to grow the top line by supplying their producers with insurance leads. A robust top of the sales funnel helps ensure more consistent results at the bottom of the funnel. Insurance email marketing and social media marketing offer two excellent methods to accomplish this. The goal is to drive in profile prospects to a website, webinar or, as we’ll discuss here, a dedicated landing page. Though some agencies and brokers are just beginning to upgrade their websites and launching their initial emarketing campaigns, other agencies have the basis in place and can now advance to more progressive strategies such as insurance landing pages and lead conversion optimization.
For those unfamiliar with these types of pages, a simple definition follows: Any web page which exists to elicit a specific action on behalf of a visitor, typically using a form to capture information. Of course landing pages can be used to deliver all types of digital content, from webinar registration, to insurance case studies, to benefits calculators and newsletter subscriptions. When building these targeted pages, insurance marketers should begin by determining the action they wish to elicit, then build the page to achieve that single goal.
Here are 6 key steps to building effecting insurance landing pages.
1. Your Unique Value Proposition
- The main headline (what is the goal of the landing page)
- A supporting headline
- A reinforcement statement
- A closing argument
2. Images or Video
- Add images, graphics and video increase conversion
- Video also increases stickiness
3. List The Top 3-5 Benefits
- Use bullets whenever possible
- List key benefits (3-5)
- List key features (3-5)
- Whet the appetite – convert to a meal
- Keep it succinct
4. Validation (Prove It and Prove It Quickly)
- Real life examples
- Case studies
5. Click Through, Conversion
- Call To Action (CTA)
- Keep It Simple
- One Primary CTA
- Use short, simple web form when collecting demographics (Name, email and business for example).
6. Execute, Measure, Refine
- What are the empirical goals for the page/campaign
- Total webinar registrants, requests to download case studies, number of videos viewed, etc.
- Modify pages to optimize conversion on successive campaigns.
Start by creating a conversion goal (total click throughs, total downloads, phone calls, etc.). Launch your campaigns, which could include email marketing and social media marketing. Determine the primary time frame for the campaign, perhaps 5 days. Then measure the results and refine the landing page to test conversion optimization. This can be accomplished in a linear manner, or using split testing (or multivariate testing) to test multiple landing pages and messages simultaneously. Integrating effective landing pages into an insurance web marketing strategy will help drive more leads into your pipeline.