If you are still carrying around a physical business card, you need to do a rethink. Most of us exchange business cards when we meet other professionals and carefully store them in our wallet. But, there are many times when such cards get misplaced, torn or just lost. Also, your contact’s details could become obsolete in the long run. These problems can be taken care of by creating a virtual business card.
A virtual business card is smart, slick, handy and very useful.
Benefits of a Virtual Business Card
· Paperless: You don’t need to carry anything physically. Just your mobile phone or laptop is enough to transfer the card to another person’s phone or email id. You are also doing your bit in saving our already stressed-out environment by cutting your usage of paper. You also carry a lighter wallet.
· Self-updating: These cards stay updated, as you can make changes to any details of the virtual card, and these changes are directly made to the virtual database thus preserving them. Thus, each card stays updated, and you do not lose any important detail of the contact.
· Shareable: Share your virtual business card via email, put it on your Facebook profile, or display it on your website or blog. There are multiple ways in which a virtual card can help share your contact details including by adding them as signatures in email clients.
· Versatile: You can change the template, the colors, the fonts, modify the logo and do so many innovative things with your virtual card. A physical card is boring and mundane and once you have a few of the printed ones with you, you are stuck with them. There is no way to modify them even if some detail of yours has changed. You really have to wait for the next batch to make the change.
· Create a virtual Rolodex: By adding more contacts that use the same virtual business card format, you can create your very own online virtual Rolodex! Now keep all your contacts handy at the flick of a key. You don’t lose any contacts. And, your contacts never become outdated.
Thus, we have seen that a virtual business card goes a long way in doing what it is meant to do – share your contact details, yet it is flexible, more exciting and more user-friendly than a physical card. It is so easy to create one too. Try reliable internet applications that offer this service for free!